Thursday, July 24, 2008

25 things...


well, it's July 24th and one year after my golden birthday. Today i am 25. i decided it would be good for me to think of 25 things i want to strive to do or do differently. so here goes...
1. make a real effort to recycle more at work
2. try to not leave the house with wet hair
3. eat more fresh foods and less microwave meals
4. take a dance class at least once a week
5. try to buy more "have in my closest for years" pieces and less uber-trendy disposable pieces
6. listen to my cell phone messages the day they are left
7. cut diet coke out of my life...forever (in squints voice from sandlot)
8. wake up with enough time to eat breakfast and do my make-up!
9. save energy and water by doing laundry less often
10. spend more time with family
11. try new places to eat more often instead of going to old favs
12. make a genuine effort to save money
13. write letters snail mail to friends that live a ways away
14. become better at standing up for my ideas in the workplace
15. see the dentist every 6 months :(
16. spend time reading instead of channel surfing before bed
17. be less loud
18. be more organized at the office and at home
19. sigh...this is a big one...start reading the newspaper/ seeking out news again
20. spend less money on bottled water, what a waste!
21. take my pups to the dog park more often
22. visit my nephew every other month so he knows who i am and so i can watch him grow in person!
23. take advantage of volunteering opportunities through work
24. smile more often
25. let bad and unhealthy habits die hard

5 comments:

Holly said...

take #17 off that list!!

love ya.

Nikki Sanchez said...

Haha.. I agree with Holly!! You're silly.. These are all things that I would like to do, too

Leslie said...

I LOVE this list. I'm going to have to steal some of these for my 50th! Too loud? I wouldn't know now. Come for a slumber party and I'll let you know. I agree with Nikki, your silly. Have a great 25th year! Happy, happy.

Chips and Salsa with Beans said...

Happy Birthday! Not sure if you remember me, I'm Heather's Aunt.

Love this list, I may have to blog-lift a few items! As for being too loud...just come live with us, no one would notice ;)

Style Syrup said...

Happy belated birthday!

I like this list. I can relate to so many of them. Great post!